Sunday, July 3, 2011

MondayInterviews:Talibah

Definitely one of our most OG interviews yet!
Enjoy!

Talibah



I am a singer/songwriter. I am make music that makes me feel good. Music is cathartic for me so I just pour myself on the track. I’m just a girl out here living trying to make a few changes in the process.

Up.

If you ain’t heard yet, the art is what’s going to have to flip this whole fucked up world upside down. Every person that walks the Earth has a resposibility. Only a few of us take that potential and really try to exercise it. Music is something that makes me feel beautiful and if I do it the way I believe I should then I can make other people feel beautiful and that makes it all worth it.

Well, I am at the very beginning of my journey, but I am learning that you must always be prepared. You can not just talk about it. You have to be about your business and be prepared at all times.

Deciding that I’m just going to go for it. Hustling to get what I want keeps me feeling and appreciating life to the fullest at all times.

Yes, it sucks.

Fuck you and your weak ass restaurant. You need some serious counseling and a nice J.

I really don’t know yet. For now I just wish people knew my name and the words to “The Cloud Song”.

I get scared sometimes. I’m reclusive and uncool. I am wildly indecisive. I am way too superficial and bitchy but I am working on me everyday.If you tell anyone my secrets, I’ll break your face.

I’m not telling you 6, that’s too much of my business, but I will tell you 3. Take my clothes off, light some incense and listen to some Sade.

Music (duhhhh), water and a haircut.

Cut on the itunes!

I been hustlin all day, super tired and then do the things I do in #10. I love when I am REALLY tired and I know I deserve to chill out.

Fela

So far, some grapes. Soon though PB & J!

Uh…yeah. I love grapes and PB & J will be slammin.

Kitchen

I dreamt about a boy I miss. I think.

Wake the sleeping up.


talibahsafiya.bandcamp.com